The Whine Sisters prefer to avoid political issues, but I thought it would be fun to imagine what we might ask if we could moderate a debate. In order to get to know where these candidates really stand on the issues, I would ask the hard-hitting questions. My top five:
1. Everyone always asks about flag burning, a serious issue. But where do you stand on the flag as a clothing item? Or on food?
2. How did you propose to your current wife? Bonus points: what was she wearing?
3. Once a cheater, always a cheater? Do you agree, why or why not? Oh, sorry, too personal. Team Jen or Team Angie?
4. Red or white? (Yes, a trick question. The temptation will be for the candidate to go down the middle and say “blush” but that would be a wrong answer for any Whine Sister. Friends don’t let friends drink white zinfandel.)
5. Close your eyes and imagine your perfect day off. Where are you, what are you doing, who are you with, and– what are you wearing?
I turn it over to you. What would you ask? Will you even watch the debate?