It’s Monday! We all need to find our happy. Here are some things that make me smile:
1. My grandfather. He’s 94, and still sharp, very funny (corny funny, not sarcastic funny) and such a wonderful man. A true gentleman. I’m so lucky to still have him in my life. We spent Father’s Day at my grandfather’s house with most of my family. Good times.
2. Princess and superhero running outfits made of Under Armour fabric to whisk away sweat and odor! Oh, Julia London, yes please wear these in your next race! From The Princess Runs shop.
3. It has been getting hotter in CT and I end up craving one of these: Disney’s grown-up slushies, the Grey Goose Citron lemon slush and the Grand Marnier Orange slush. Well, you know, anything Disney makes me smile. But these are definitely some of my favorite things. In Epcot’s World Showcase, French pavilion. Walt Disney World has four major parks (Magic Kingdom, Disney Hollywood Studios, Epcot, and Animal Kingdom), and only the Magic Kingdom is dry. Yes, there is a lot for adults to do in Walt Disney World (not all involving alcoholic beverages).
4. Writing! This can make me cry as often as smile, but when I am in the zone and the words come easily and I am creating entire worlds from my imagination… such a great feeling!
5. A good book/a good movie! The right one can take the edge off a bad day, whisk you away to a new time or place, and make you laugh/cry/feel/laugh. I watched Crazy, Stupid Love over again the other night, and I laughed and cried and laughed more. I love that movie. Not just because of Ryan Gosling shirtless, but it doesn’t hurt.
6. Discovering new things about my house/yard/neighborhood. We’ve been here a year now and there’s still so much new to me. Like the new babies in the neighborhood, a turkey that visits with her eight poults (baby turkeys). And yesterday, I looked out and discovered a skunk with her four kits (baby skunks!) right in the yard, off to the side. My brave husband followed them into the neighbor’s yard to try to get a picture. He didn’t want to get too close! And new things are blooming all the time. I have yellow and pink roses now, and purple flowers all around my mailbox. Husband says they are weeds, but I’m not too sure.
7. My friends. They’re always around when I need a pick-me-up or sound advice, or silliness and smiles. Yay for friends! And especially yay for friends who buy and wear a Wonderwoman suit for running. (Still looking at you, JFL!).
What made you smile today?