I am sitting here trying to think of something fun and engaging to blog about. Should I talk about how crazy the Real Housewives of Any City are? Nah. Should I discuss how HGTV and one small renovation can make a person a little crazy and cash poor? You guys probably could guess that. It occurs to me that the weightiest things on my mind these days are not very weighty. That’s a good thing. For me. Not for a blog .
So here are a few things I am looking forward to that ought to bring some thoughts back into my head:
1. The Olympics. I am totally psyched for them. The only problem is that I thought they were in June, but they are in July and August, which is cruel if you ask me. I love the summer games. My favorite used to be gymnastics, swimming and diving, but I am looking forward to all the running this time, as I understand a little better what it takes to run 3.1 miles in 12 minutes as they did recently at the Olympic trials.
2. Typing The End of The Desperate Debutante so I can move on to new projects. I am like this with every book. I get tired of them having spent months with them, especially when they won’t wrap themselves up neatly and require me to work. Argh.
3. Travel. It’s getting super hot in Texas (as opposed to hot) and I can’t wait to blow this pop stand for some cooler climes. Starting with a trip to Oklahoma, which will not be cooler, but my dad turned 80 and we are going to celebrate by watching Fox News, turning in at 9, and having some birthday cake.
4. The new brave digital world in publishing. Doors are opening for authors that were not open before, and all of us here are sticking various parts of our feet in. Some toes, some whole feet. The cool thing about it is that we can direct our writing and publishing like never before. The scary thing about it is that it feels like the sink or swim aspect just got a little deeper. Don your floaties, everyone!
5. The end of my renovations. I have finished the kitchen and living area. I am waiting on new furniture to arrive, my new door to be put in, and now…the update of my master bath and master closet. What can I say? You know, as long as they are here, right? . But living in a mess is no fun.
What things are you looking forward to?