It’s Friday, I can’t think of anything to blog about. No thoughtful topics, no celebrity crushes, no products I’d like to endorse. I have two thoughts in mind today: WHY must Moose lick himself so much? The other thought is about all the things I need to do the book I am writing, and the one I will be writing soon.
I’ve had some interesting conversations–just interesting, with no conclusions drawn–with fellow writers about what they are reading, what they are hearing from their agents and editors as the new thing, and what is going to happen with the anti-collusion lawsuit the Department of Justice has filed against several big publishers (basically, it boils down to this: the DOJ suing Apple and NY publishers for ebook price-fixing. You can read it here). And all these conversations have led me to some questions that I am going to toss out on a Friday when you know you are looking for something other to do than work.
1. What type of romance did you last read? Historical? Contemp? Suspense? Paranormal? Or other?
2. Have you read E.L. James Fifty Shades of Gray? Are you going to?
3. What camp are you in when it comes to sensuality: Do you like your romances super hot and graphic? Are you more interested in the tension leading up to the act? Or do you like a good balance of both?
4. How did you read your last romance novel? On paper? On an ereader? Or did you listen to it? How did you read the last book you consumed?
5. Is there a setting or type of romance novel that you are tired of? Anything you’d like to see more of?
Anything you’d like to add about the state of romantic fiction today? Anything you’d like to say about the state of ebook prices, or ebook readers? Is there anything you’d like to say about anything? We are all ears